SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:40 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 pm 

I'm testing the QuantRouter product and am attempting to connect to both IB & IQFeed (Using the NFIQFeedProvider product).

The market data provider (NFIQFeedProvider) is currently working properly in OpenQuant. When I attempt to add it to QuantRouter (View > Manage Providers) QuantRouter crashes and throws the standard Microsoft "QuantRouter has stopped working" error message.

Any idea why this is occurring?

The product looks very useful and I'd like to continue testing but am unable to do so until I can get this problem fixed.

Thanks,
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 pm 

Hi,

QuantRouter has a different plugin format, so OQ plugins can not be used directly in QR.

We have plans to develop our own plugins to IQFeed and Zenfire though.

Regards,
Anton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:18 am 

I just tried adding a custom provider to QuantDesktop and it didn't like it - so I assume this post is the answer as to why.
Anton will there be a way to use custom providers developed for use in Openquant in either Quantdesktop or Quantrouter?
cheers
Andrew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:29 pm 

Hm... no, it's a different framework and a different plugin format...

But actually we have an idea to update QR and other products so that they work with the "old" framework and can use all our data and broker providers. It seems too painful to rewrite every provider we have...

Regards,
Anton

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:15 pm 

Dr. Anton Fokin wrote:
But actually we have an idea to update QR and other products so that they work with the "old" framework and can use all our data and broker providers.

Hi Anton,

when would the "old" framework be available to be used in QR? This would be very interesting. And to some extent also urgent.

Thx,
Eelofi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:01 pm 

Guys,

Is there anything new about that? I guess some users are expecting to know more about how and when the current ("old") framework will be integrated with QuantRouter's new features.
Don't you to believe that I'm in a hurry, but I guess without these info, people will be reluctant to engage in too much beta testing and then waiting on the sideline... which would be a detrimental situation for everyone involved (no beta testing <=> no feedback/improvement <=> no user <=> no beta testing <=> ...)

Thanks a lot anyway for this new product. I hope it will be affordable because in FX we really need it as we grow!

Regards,
PBJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 pm 

Btw,

happend to notice that the QR documentation talks about having MBT as one provider. When will it actually be available for QR?

Thx,
Eelofi

Last edited by eelofi on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:53 pm 

PBJ wrote:
Guys,

Is there anything new about that? I guess some users are expecting to know more about how and when the current ("old") framework will be integrated with QuantRouter's new features.
Don't you to believe that I'm in a hurry, but I guess without these info, people will be reluctant to engage in too much beta testing and then waiting on the sideline... which would be a detrimental situation for everyone involved (no beta testing <=> no feedback/improvement <=> no user <=> no beta testing <=> ...)

Thanks a lot anyway for this new product. I hope it will be affordable because in FX we really need it as we grow!

Regards,
PBJ

So how about this? What are the plans of getting the "old" framework into QuantRouter? This would truely enhance the possibilities of QR.

Thx,
Eelofi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:20 pm 

Hi :)

eelofi wrote:
when would the "old" framework be available to be used in QR? This would be very interesting. And to some extent also urgent.

I'm bumping Eelofi question. Please tell us when we can expect "old" framework available in QR? This is very important for us.

Regards
MaRCHeW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:10 pm 

We are working on it, though as I've mentioned, you are welcome to sponsor this development to speed it up (in return to QR license, etc.).

Regards,
Anton