SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:43 pm

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:58 pm 

Hey Guys,

We're trialing out OpenQuant\QuantBase\QuantRouter as our new research, EMS platform. FWIW we're a small hedge fund located in US, AUM about 100 mil USD, exchange traded futures.

I'm having a problem just getting the basic QuantRouter functionality working. I've got an IQfeed setup (using it just for test purposes, we'll be possibly using a Morgan Stanley feed) and running, but QuantRouter doesn't seem to recognize it.

1. I'm following the instructions per the QuantRouter Video1, when I connect to IQFeed as a market provider, QuantRouter does fire up IQFeed (and the IsConnected property is true, but then QuantRouter never shows the IQFeed in ther ServerManager pane.

2.Once a feed is working in QuantRouter, am I supposed to see anything in QuantRouter that verifies the feed is working?

Thanks, any help appreciated
David

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 am 

Hi David,

1. IQFeed is not supposed to be shown in ServerManager pane. Once you connect any client (OpenQuant, QuantTrader) to QuantRouter - you should see this client in ServerManager.

2. You should send a market data request from a client app, OpenQuant for example, to QuantRouter and you should see some ticks coming either in Quote Monitor in OpenQuant, or in Tools -> Event Monitor in QuantRouter. Please see video1 how to setup instruments in OpenQuant to be subscribed through QuantRouter.

Regards,
Sergey.