SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:11 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:59 pm 

Currently there doesnt seem to be away to clear previous orders in the order manager window when running in paper mode

I suggest allow individual remove or a remove all option in the right click menu.

Its confusing to see previous open orders from last paper run. Maybe in paper mode they should all be removed when starting the strategy, because they are all irrelevant anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 am 

I know there is a setting to do exactly that, I just can't remember where it is. Clear portfolio or something like that.

-Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:11 pm 

I've been through everything menu even the API and i can not find it. This is needed badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:43 pm 

I think if you have "persistent" set to false in the Options->Modes dialog, the portfolio and order manager windows will be cleared on every run?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:09 pm 

If by false you mean not checked, then that is what it was already set false. So it could be that switch doesnt work. bug?

Also could be related but I had a case today when i stopped and restarted paper mode that the strategy handlers where getting called, and causing all sorts of errors. I havent been able to recreate this so it must have been an anomalie. Could this have been because the strategy was picking up there was still a position? btw there is no position window so there is no way to tell what the current status is of the account or instruments, in paper or live mode.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:18 am 

Quote:
btw there is no position window so there is no way to tell what the current status is of the account or instruments, in paper or live mode.

What about Portfolio Manager window?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:40 pm 

Ok, thanks, I had overlooked that one.

I need to wait until there is live data next week to test, but there is something strange going on with paper mode and the clearing of the orders and positions. It looks like it clears on the first run but not the next runs. I will look into it in more detail next week.