SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:42 pm

All times are UTC + 3 hours

Post subject: Solution Output issues
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:41 am 

I have a couple of minor issues with the output:

1) When I run an optimization, I can't easily read the optimal variables line at the bottom of the page. I am using a 13" screen on a MacBook Pro, and the bottom line gets cut off halfway so that only half the digits can be seen. There appears to be no way to scroll or resize the sections of the window.

2) When viewing the solution output in chart form, I notice that the chart blanks out (goes black) whenever there is no actual trading taking place, i.e. usually overnight. I'm not sure what the purpose of this is: it doesn't save any time, because you still have to scroll through the blacked-out pages. Ob the other hand, you can't see what any indicators you may have charted are doing unless there is trading going on, and this can sometimes be useful. I would suggest just displaying the chart in the ordinary way, without blackout.

3) Also when viewing the chart, when I move the cursor over a trade or data point the window that pops up is jittery and hard to read. I don't know if it's being refreshed too often or too seldom, but it's distracting and quickly gives me a headache! Perhaps this is something unique to my machine?

Otherwise, having a good experience with OpenQuant.

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:54 pm 

Hi,

I can comment only on point 3). I've been having the same "flickery" behaviour since I've started using OQ. Thought it was specific to my machine as well because some other users don't experience it.
It may be related to our display adapter / driver. My box has 1 iiyama screen and 2 x "ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series" with driver version 8.881.0.0 (from the Driver properties in Windows Device Manager).
I just updated the driver as I type, to version 8.920.0.0 dated 11/9/2011 and don't notice any difference.
Maybe this behaviour is specific to the chart component under certain circumstances...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:02 am 

I also experience points 1 and 2.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 pm 

The black screen charting component happens to me in live trading when a new bar is completed and added to the chart.
I have to change currently displayed instrument or timeframe (1h or 1mn) to get it back.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 am 

By the way, have you experienced item #5 here? viewtopic.php?f=61&t=10075
Also, feel free to comment on my features requests.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:00 pm 

Hi PBJ:
I haven't come across that yet, but I've only been working with one instrument thus far.

It sounds rather annoying!

Paul