SmartQuant Discussion

Automated Quantitative Strategy Development, SmartQuant Product Discussion and Technical Support Forums
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:57 am

All times are UTC + 3 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:26 pm 

Hi,
I'm looking into using QuantDeveloper with VelocityFutures which use X_Trader as (one of) their platform.

Do I need the X_TRADER basic/standard or XTRADER_PRO for linking QD into X_TRADER?

-- Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:48 am 

Hi Tim,
The VelocityFutures FIX interface (http://www.velocityfutures.com/Fix_platform.html) looks more appropriate for QD and would work out of the box, although their website does not provide much information (fees?). Same goes for their X_TRADER information, they do not specify clearly which level has an API (if any) that could possibly be adapted for use with QD. Hopefully someone who uses Velocity can provide a little more information...

--
Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:06 pm 

Tim,

you would need XTrader Pro if you want to use QuantDeveloper XTAPI interface (since XTAPI is only available with XTrader Pro) and you don't need XTrader software at all if you want to use (connect to) Velocity Futures FIX Adapter, though I think in the letter case you will pay larger fee per transaction (but no software subscription fees).

Regards,
Anton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:56 pm 

Hi Guys, and thanks for the quick reply!
It sure takes help to wade through the amount information to get these things working...

I've also investigated a bit further and they do seem to support X_Trader as their basic platform, X_Trader Pro (with API at an additional fee) and the free FIX Connection "Platform"

So if I understand correctly now, the simplest and cheapest way for me to get QD to work with them is by signing up to the FIX Connection Platform?

Also, If understand, all of these products/platforms are handled by the two different QD TT providers?
"TT FIX" - for the Velocity's FIX Connection (described by this pdf: http://www.velocityfutures.com/document ... .2_ReM.pdf)
"TT API" - For X_Trader API, when subscribed to X_Trader Pro in Velocity

Are there any other functional differences between these two providers (either at the product level or at the QD level)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:05 pm 

I think VF should have a simulation gateway running TTrainer with FIX Adapter. Perhaps you can ask VF to provide you with login to test TT FIX connnectivity with QD?

PS. XTAPI and TT FIX Adapter are not "two" providers. In fact TT FIX Adapter simply adds another layer (FIX engine) on top of XTAPI. It's discussed in TT FIX Adapter docs that you can find on TT development network.

Regards,
Anton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:36 am 

Hi Anton,
I just got by X_Trader Standard (not Pro) to work with Velocity.

Just in case, I tried to make QD connect using the TT API as shown in the Video, when QD connects to X_Trader (it is able to connect as witnessed by the Guardian) I showd that the APIs (FILL/ORDER/PRICE) are down....
Is this the "symptom" of using the non-Pro X_Trader?
Or is there something else missing in my setup?

I'm using X_Trader 6.14.7.1

Once I connect, I get the following text on the Output Window, while nothing is printed in the Provider Log.
Code:
TT API - StatusUpdate text=XT Defaults Updated hintmask=8
TT API - OnOrderFillBlockStart
TT API - OnOrderFillBlockEnd

If I try to open a Quote Monitor (as demoed in the Video), I get nothing updated in either the TT Logs, QD Logs or the Quote Monitor.

I've Attached the relevant X_Trader and QD screenshots...

BTW, you'd probably be interested to know I get this message once I close QD:
Code:
---------------------------
.NET-BroadcastEventWindow.2.0.0.0.378734a.0: QuantDeveloper.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x0e33ea1e" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
OK   

Regardless of this, I'm also speaking with VF to get the trainer you mentioned before...

Attachments:
market-windows.png
market-windows.png [ 22.96 KiB | Viewed 7183 times ]
market-explorer.png
market-explorer.png [ 20.89 KiB | Viewed 7183 times ]
qd-instrument-properties.png
qd-instrument-properties.png [ 20.72 KiB | Viewed 7183 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:38 am 

One last things: this is the Guardian Window:

Attachments:
guardian.png
guardian.png [ 59.47 KiB | Viewed 7182 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:26 pm 

I think this is it, since you have QuantDeveloper API in red in Guardian. You can also try to login to Guardian as Admin and look at the logs when you try to connect from QuantDeveloper to XTrader API.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:30 pm 

QD API requires Xtrader to be in Pro mode unless you are using FIX.
When XT is not in Pro mode, you will see all the application in Guradian, except that you will not be able to connect to the exchange. The reason is that XT-API uses X-Trader to connect to the exchange.

There is one other way to connect to the Exchange using XTAPI. You can connect in the server mode. This way you can listen to fills and Prices but you cannot Send orders.